Designed for use during your practice, yet beautiful enough to warm up your couch.
If yoga is from India— why do we tolerate 100% acrylic saddle blankets made in Mexico?
We went on a quest to India with the purpose of exploring their yoga tradition and their precious cotton. Luckily, we found Mr. Selvam— a very patient and talented weaver devoted to manufacturing eco-sustainable textiles.
And so— after 27 blanket sample trials, we present you with our heirloom quality handwoven, 100% cotton blanket. Supple and soft, its design makes it perfect for yoga, as well as displayed front and center on your couch or as a baby blanket.
- Handwoven, 100% unbleached cotton
- Proportionately sized for your yoga, meditation and lounging
- Embroidered, color-coded folding lines to assist in the art of folding techniques (see "Art of Folding" section)
- Thicker and weightier than the basic white Pune style blanket and sized a bit wider to accommodate men's broader shoulders
- Reinforced detailed blanket stitches on sides
- Short and simple fringes that don't get in the way
- Embroidered PRITI leaf and sewn cotton label
- Dyed using Azo-free dyes (Dyes that do not split off aromatic amines some of which have proven to be carcinogenic)
- Modular mix and match colors that coordinate with all PRITI products
Dimensions: 58.5" x 81"
100% cotton khadi woven with azo free dyes
Weight: 5 lbs.
A PRITI exclusive. Imported.
Due to the nature that these blankets are hand-dyed and woven, yarn colors may vary.
Machine or hand wash cold, warm dryer or hang dry. Do not bleach.
We are seeking to continually support India's precious farmers who are in a GMO pesticide crisis (see our blog and our program "Sharing The Warmth".) We support the emerging fairly traded and organic cotton trade. All of our blankets are woven under the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), a textile certification of compliance for the processing of fibers from certified organic agriculture. PRITI also makes a commitment to partner with companies that offer proper wages and salaries to all involved.